I’ve restarted this adventure I started over 3 years ago, by working full force on season 1 of ROX again. I was working on 2 seasons and I believe I got way over my head. There were just too many problems to handle at once.
I started over the weekend by transferring what I only had on VHS onto my computer. I then worked several hours on the first episode of season 1, Special Mish-Mosh Episode.
One of the reasons I had abruptly quit working on the series was the amount of heat damage (i believe) associated with many of the episodes. I tried to correct this issue using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Sony Vegas, but only came up with juvenile results. I started posting questions and viewing others’ questions on a forum that specializes in just these sorts of things, videohelp.com. It has helped tremendously.
I have uploaded 1 minute segments of episode 8, so you can see the differences made. This episode had a vast array of problems, from over saturation, to needing color correction in the worst of ways and needing some sharpening. All of these fixes added together make for a “better end product” I believe. I still have some work to do on the audio, as I want to normalize the volume and filter it to remove tape hiss, etc.
I’ll leave that up to you though, please let me know what you think.
If anyone has any recommendations, please make them in the comments section, as I would love to hear them!